Polymers tend to be viscous and sticky at temperatures above their melting point. Lubricants help decrease the frictional forces between polymer-polymer, polymer-metal, polymer-filler and filler-filler.
Lubricants are divided into internal and external categories:
Internal lubricants decrease the frictional forces that happen between the chains of the PVC molecule, so it has led to decrease the viscosity of the melt.
They are polar and very compatible with PVC. they also help to achieve excellent transparency even at high doses and do not tend to secrete, that helps to optimize the welding properties, adhesion and printing properties of the final product
External lubricant decreases the adhesion between the polymer melt and the metal surface and also helps to reduce the process temperature.
In fact, PVC is one of the polymers that cannot be processed without the presence of lubricant. For this polymer, polar lubricating molecules act as internal lubricants, while non-polar molecules are external lubricants. For non-polar polyolefins, lubricants have the opposite effects.
Polyethylene Wax is a very low molecular weight polyethylene which composed of ethylene monomer chains. the main functions of PE wax in many formulations are: lubrication or physical modification of the formula by changing the viscosity or melting point. polyethylene wax increases the dispersion of mineral and organic pigments in the polymer matrix during the masterbatch process. It also helps to produce granules by decreasing the soft point of the system.
- - Polyethylene wax decreases friction and increase the extrusion capacity.
- - Using of polyethylene wax does not change the color of the product because it has good resistance against of oxidation.
- - Polyethylene wax does not adversely affect the optical and thermal stability of the product, because it does not contain catalyst residues.
- - Polyethylene wax increases the optical stability of the product.
- - Polyethylene wax has no toxic material so can be used in food packaging.
Colour : White
Appearance : Flake
viscosity mPa. S : 50±30
Bulk Density g/l : 0.93±0.02
Melting Point C : 100+10
Volatile content @ 150 ℃ : 2-3%
R&B Softening point ℃ : 100±5